Economic Empowerment Programme (EEP)
Providing Access to Economic Opportunities for People With Disabilities
The objectives of EEP are:
- To train Youth with Disabilities for employment.
- To give exposure and skills training together with preparation for employment.
- To give youth with disabilities an opportunity to sustain themselves and their families as well as contribute to the community.
- To cooperate and work with employers, parents, guardians, support groups and other youths with disabilities.
EEP accepts youths:
- Between 18 to 26 years old.
- With Learning Disabilities (has OKU Card).
- Minimum independency.
- Able and willing to work.
- Minimum comprehension level to perform
- 3 months social, physical and emotional training based at Selangor Cheshire Home.
- 3 months on the job training.
EEP provides training in the following courses:
- Guest Room Preparation
- Laundry and Linen Services
- Food & Beverage
- F&B Hygiene And Work Safety Practice
- F&B Basic Service Operation Preparation
- F&B Guest Services Operation Function
- Distributive Trade
Youth with disabilities who are interested in participating in this programme must attend an interview. The successful candidates will attend a six months course as mentioned above.